Geochemical Characteristics and Assesment of Nitrate
Nitrogen in Groundwater in Yanggu-Gun, Gangwon-Do in Korea
Won Gyu Choi*
Department of New Energy and Mining Engineering, SangJi University
1. American Public Health Association, Washington, U.S., 1992, Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Waste Water, AWWA, 18th Ed.
2. Boyce, J.S., Muir, John, Edwards, A.P., Seim, E.C., and Olson, R.A., 1976, Geologic nitrogen in Pleistocene loess of Nebraska: J. of Environmental Quality, 5, 93-96.
3. Jeong, C.H., 2003 Hydrochemistry and Nitrogen and Sulfur Isotopes of Emergency-use Groundwater in Daejeon City, The J. of Engineering Geology, 13(2), 239-256.
4. Choi, W.J., Lee, S.M., and Ro, H.M. 2003, Evaluation of contamination sources of groundwater NO3- using nitrogen isotope data: A review, Geosciences Journal,7(1), 81-87.
5. Heaton, T.H.E., 1986, Isotropic studies of nitrogen pollution in the hydrosphere and atmosphere, Chemical Geology, 59, 87-102.
6. Holloway, J.M. and Dahlgren, R.A., 1999, Geologic nitrogen in terrestrial biogeochemical cycling: Geology, 27, 567-570.
7. Holloway, J.M. and Smith, R.L., 2000, Biogeochemical transformations influencing release and cycling of nitrogen in shale to stream and ground water: Geological Society of America Abstracts with programs, 32(7), A-191.
8. Holloway, J.M., Dahlgren, R.A., Hansen, B., and Casey, W.H., 1998, Contribution of bedrock nitrogen to high nitrate concentrations in stream water: Nature, 395, 785-788.
9. Komor, S.C. and Anderson, H.W., 1993, Nitrogen Isotope as indicators of nitrates sources in Minnesota Sand-Plain aquifer, Ground Water, 31(2), 260-270.
10. Korea Rural Community Corporation, 2010, Rural groundwater management report
11. Korean standard method of drinking water quality test (ES 05703.1a), 2012.
12. Kreitler, D.W. and Jones, D.C., 1975, Natural soil nitrate: The cause of the nitrate contamination of ground water in Runnels county, Texas, Ground Water, 13(1), 53-61.
13. Kreitler, C.W., Ragone, S.E., and Katz, B.G., 1978, N15/N14 Ratios of Gound-Water Nitrate, Long Island, New York, Ground Water, 16(6), 404-409.
14. Mike Lowe and Janae Wallace, 2001, Evaluation of Potential Geologic Sources of Nitrate Contamination in Ground Water, Ceder Valley, Iron County, Utah With Emphasis on the Enoch Area, Utah Department of Natural Resources, 26-30.
15. Nakanishi, Y., 1995, Estimation and verification of origins of groundwater nitrate by using delta 15N values, The Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Research Information Technology Center, 544-551.
16. Oh, Y.K. and Hyun, I.H., 1997, Estimation of Nitrate-nitrogen Contamination Sources in Cheju Island Groundwater using ¥ä15N Values, J. of the Korean Society of Groundwater Environment, 4(1), 1-4.
17. Power, J.F., Bond, J.J., Sandoval, F.M., and Willis, W.O., 1974, Nitrification in Paleocene shale: Science, 183, 1077-1079.
18. Yamamoto, Y., Park, K.L., Nakanishi, Y., and Kato, S., 1995, Nitrate concentrations and delta super (15)N values of groundwater in the Miyakojima Island, Japanese Journal of Soil and Plant Nutrition, 18-25.